NATIVE EARTH PERFORMING ARTS
585 Dundas Street East, Suite 250
Toronto, ON M5A 2B7 ?Canada
Main Floor of the Daniels Spectrum
585 Dundas Street East, Suite?120
Aki Studio and the administration office for Native Earth Performing Arts?are located inside the Daniels Spectrum at 585 Dundas Street East. This is on the south side of Dundas Street, just east of Parliament Street.
Aki Studio and the Aki Studio?Box Office are located on the main level of the Daniels Spectrum, in Suite 120, across from Ada Slaight Hall.?Our administration office is located on the second floor, in Suite 250, next to the offices of the Regent Park Film Festival.
ARRIVE VIA TTC
505 Dundas streetcar: Sackville stop.
65 Parliament bus: Dundas stop. Walk east on Dundas.
We are on the south side of Dundas Street East.
Paid public parking is available in the underground lot beneath the Daniels Spectrum. The vehicle entrance is off the laneway to the south of the centre, accessible via Sackville Street just south of Dundas Street East.?Look for the big blue “P”. It is $8 for the day.
Note: The parking lot does not have direct access into the Daniels Spectrum. The parking lot elevators exit to Dundas Street. From there, walk east to the main doors of the Daniels Spectrum.
Additional paid public parking can be found in an underground lot beneath the RBC Royal Bank, just north of Dundas Street East off Regent Street.?There is sometimes free parking available near the aquatic centre, on the north side of Dundas, just east of our building.
- The Dundas Street entrance provides barrier-free access to the building
- Two elevators are located in the South Lobby
- All floors have accessible washrooms and stalls, as well as accessible drinking fountains
- Signage throughout the building is written in Braille
- A hearing enhancement system is available in Aki Studio and the Ada Slaight Hall
Native Earth Performing Arts and Artscape strive to provide equal treatment to and equitable benefits of its services, programs and facilities in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.?Click here to read about our accessible performances.
The building was designed to target Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Silver certification. Environmental and energy-efficient features include:
- Green roof with native plant species
- Bicycle parking and showers for staff who cycle to work
- Car-share vehicle available in the commercial parking lot
- Fuel-efficient hybrid car-share vehicle
- Storm water treatment system to reduce pollutants
- Low-maintenance landscape and low-flow fixtures to reduce water use
- High-efficiency HVAC system that contains no hydrofluorocarbons
- Recycled construction materials, including reclaimed wood from Regent Park
- Low-VOC paint, carpeting and cabinetry used throughout the building
- Controllable lights and thermostats
This facility is supported through Toronto Arts Council Strategic Funding.